Bitte hier klicken für deutsche Version
Researching, Networking, Thinking Ahead:
Democracy & Citizenship in Europe
Academic workshops and public events in 2012-13
supported by a UZH Graduate Campus Grant
Project leaders: Antoinette Scherz, Karima Bousbah and Rebecca Welge
Public Events (in german)
- Opening talk: “How much participation does democracy require?” Speaker: Prof. Dr. Hanspeter Kriesi. October 26, 2012, University of Zurich (UZH).
- Science and politics enter into dialogue: “Selecting and naturalizing citizens – Who has the right to decide?” Guests: Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Conradi, Prof. Dr. Gianni D’Amato, Pascale Steiner. Moderation: Dr. Anna Goppel. May 30, 2013, UZH.
- Panel discussion: “The Role of International Actors for Democratic Citizenship.” Experts: Prof. Dr. Sandra Lavenex, Dr. Julian Culp, Dr. Rudolf Batliner, and Corinne Huser. October 10, 2013, UZH.
Academic Workshops (working language: English)
- discussing current research & dissertations in the thematic area of Democracy & Citizenship
- scientific panels related to each of the public events
- international network of interdisciplinary participants
- planning joint publications
- planning further project activities
Two academic workshops were organized as part of this events series:
- “The role of participation for citizenship and democracy in Europe,” October 2012.
- “Citizenship, access to citizenship, and its relation to and implications for political participation,” May-June 2013.
More information about our academic workshops here.
Current news related to this event series will be posted on the our mailinglist.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about the project.