Some of DemocracyNet’s activities have been organized in collaboration with external partners. The support of these institutional structures, associations, research networks, or civil society associations in terms of funding, expertise, opportunities, or advice has been extremely helpful.
The co-organization arrangements specifying the contribution of the various organizers have been designed specifically for the project at stake. A more detailed description of the role each of these partner played in our activities can be found on our Activities page.
We hope for new collaborations on specific projects in the future. If you are interested in collaborations with DemocracyNet, please contact us.
Click on their logo to access our partners’ webpages.
The National Center of Competence in Research (NCCR) Democracy is a multidisciplinary research programme that examines the key challenges to democracy today and traces them to two major trends: globalisation and the growing influence of the media on politics (mediatization).
Keep updated about the NCCR Democracy and its activities on facebook.
The Deutsch-Französisches Institut Ludwigsburg (dfi) is an independent non-profit organisation devoted to research on and documentation of contemporary France and the advancement of Franco-German relations within the European context. As a platform for dialogue between the two countries, the institute has been guiding and shaping Franco-German cooperation in the fields of politics, economics and society for over sixty years.
The UZH Graduate Campus is a university-wide institution and provides a stimulating multidisciplinary research environment, thereby facilitating a wide range of networking, cooperation and socializing opportunities for young researchers. Through the Graduate Campus the University of Zurich is aiming towards further enabling junior researchers to take full potential of the research location and resources of a multidisciplinary, comprehensive university.
Keep updated about the Graduate Campus’ activities on facebook.
The Institut Zukunft is an institute engaged in promoting dialogue between the civil society and the economic sphere for future oriented solutions.
The DPDS has been established in 2006 by the NCCR Democracy as a Swiss training center for junior scholars in democracy research. In 2013, the program was re-structured and institutionalized at the University of Zurich. It is now open to doctoral students in political science, media and communication science and political philosophy who are interested in theoretical and/or empirical issues of democracy Research.
Other collaborating organisations and projects
- The Conseil des jeunes d’Yverdon is an institution representing the youth of the city of Yverdon-les-Bains (CH). It organizes debates and other events on issues affecting the youth.
- DARE Blog informs about upcoming events in Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education such as conferences, e-learning courses, studies, and more…
- Denknetz is a leftist, independent think network based in Switzerland. Since 2004, a growing number of members develop projects on various issues of political life.
- EasyVote.ch is a neutral and transparent organisation whose aim is to encourage the political participation of young Swiss adults, notably through providing information on upcoming popular votes.
- EUDO Cafe is a place for discussing ideas on the challenges facing democracy in today’s Europe. Since Spring 2010, it hosts periodical, invited posts inspired by current events in worldwide and European politics, by groundbreaking research at EUDO, as well as by debates in the press.
- EUDO Citizenship Forum encourages open debates based on evidence and knowledge, and conducted in a spirit of mutual respect.
- Hinterfragt – der Ethik Podcast gathers a series of interviews with philosophers on various ethical issues. Launched by Andeas Cassee and Anna Goppel, it is a collaboration between the Center for Ethics of the University of Zurich and the University of Bern. The podcasts are both in German and in English.
- Ici – La Dérivée is an association promoting cultural, participatory, sustainable, and intergenerational activities in the city of Yverdon-les-Bains (CH).
- Karl der Grosse, in the centre of Zurich, is a platform that aims at offering opportunities to engage with societal and political themes and a promoting democratic practices.
- Philosophie.ch and its blog on political philosophy focuses on the work of philosophers based in Switzerland.
- Theorieblog.de aims at creating a forum for political theorists and philosophers. It displays opinion articles, books and conferences reviews as well as annouces regarding upcoming academic events.
- Zentrum für Demokratie Aarau is an academic reasearch centre of the University of Zurich and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) dealing on an interdisciplinary level with basic research and current scientific issues relating to democracy.