[DemocracyNet.eu-list] DemocracyNet yearly workshops 2020-2021

Lea Heyne lea.heyne at ics.ulisboa.pt
Mon Jun 1 12:47:02 CEST 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,

As we have witnessed over the past months, the Covid-19 emergency has affected everybody's lives and keeps having a large impact on society. We as academics are not exempted from this. Among the least harmful and yet unpleasant consequences, many academic events and conferences have been postponed or cancelled altogether.

During the last meeting of the managing board of DemocracyNet, we decided to postpone our yearly workshop and public lecture on "Vested Interests". We are looking to reschedule the event, which will most likely take place, according to tradition, in early September 2021. We will keep you informed about future developments.

As a replacement, the members of our association will soon receive a separate email with an invitation to a special, virtual retreat for members only, which will take place on September 7th and 8th, 2020. If you are not a member of DemocracyNet yet but you would be interested in becoming one and having access to this opportunity, feel free to get in touch with us at info at democracynet.eu<mailto:info at democracynet.eu>!

Stay healthy and take care,

Chiara Valsangiagomo & Lea Heyne
On behalf of the managing board

Lea Heyne
Post-Doctoral Researcher @ ERC Maple Project<http://www.maple.ics.ulisboa.pt/about>
Institute of Social Sciences, University of Lisbon
Av. Prof. Aníbal Bettencourt 9, 1600-189 Lisboa