[DemocracyNet.eu-list] Participating in an ECPR critical exchange

Jean-Paul.Gagnon Jean-Paul.Gagnon at canberra.edu.au
Thu Jul 15 02:06:07 CEST 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

I hope that each and every one of you are well.

I am writing to share that the ECPR's blog The Loop has launched a short-essay series to debate the issues raised in this long-read essay published last month by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (our version of the BBC). https://www.abc.net.au/religion/words-of-democracy-an-abandoned-science/13386940

If you are interested in having your say in response to either of these essays please see The Loop's launch tweet here: https://twitter.com/ECPR_TheLoop/status/1414891138008371202?s=20. They've assigned the [Butterfly]  as a tag for essays in the series and #ScienceOfDemocracy as its hashtag.

With best wishes or yerrabi as it's said in Ngunnawal country,
Jean-Paul

[https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1414889386508947456/OYts9u9C?format=jpg&name=600x314]<https://twitter.com/ECPR_TheLoop/status/1414891138008371202?s=20>
The Loop. A Political Science Blog from ECPR on Twitter<https://twitter.com/ECPR_TheLoop/status/1414891138008371202?s=20>
“🔲 #Democracy holds many meanings, but they have not been collected & studied as a whole. This limits our options for #democratisation in an increasingly #authoritarian world, says @JeanPaulRGagnon in the 1st in @ECPR_TheLoop's #ScienceOfDemocracy series🦋 https://t.co/zkx2ksgQML”
twitter.com


[https://www.abc.net.au/cm/rimage/13386922-16x9-large.jpg?v=4]<https://www.abc.net.au/religion/words-of-democracy-an-abandoned-science/13386940>
Words of democracy: Rescuing an abandoned science - ABC Religion & Ethics<https://www.abc.net.au/religion/words-of-democracy-an-abandoned-science/13386940>
“What is democracy?”, a Foucauldian asked me. The air-conditioning was blowing arctic gales into the seminar room, forcing professors to cover with their shawls and moleskin jackets, in what ...
www.abc.net.au


[UC Logo]<http://www.canberra.edu.au>

[Now is the time to get ahead]<http://canberra.edu.au/>

[UC Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfCanberra>[UC Twitter]<https://twitter.com/UniCanberra>[UC Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/unicanberra/>[UC Linkedin]<https://au.linkedin.com/school/university-of-canberra/>[UC Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/user/uniofcanberra>    [University of Canberra] <http://www.canberra.edu.au>

Australian Government Higher Education Registered Provider (CRICOS) #00212K

The University of Canberra acknowledges the Ngunnawal people, traditional custodians of the lands where Bruce Campus is situated. We wish to acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of Canberra and the region. We also acknowledge all other First Nations Peoples on whose lands we gather.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or copyright materials and are for the attention of the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.