[DemocracyNet.eu-list] Workshop June 16 and June 17: Conscious consumer behavior / degrowth / food organizations

Deborah Kalte deborah.kalte at zda.uzh.ch
Mon May 17 14:21:04 CEST 2021

Dear fellow researchers, PhD students, PostDocs, and advanced Master
students

Are you enthusiastic about studying conscious consumer behavior,
sustainability issues, questions about degrowth, or food organizations from
a sociological and/or political point of view? And would you like to present
your ideas, current research problems, your current work to like-minded
fellow researchers, or just hear about other projects?

Then this workshop might just be right for you! Johanna Huber and I are
planning an informal workshop, dedicated to help each other in our work, no
matter at what stage we currently are. The idea is to have an informal
exchange of knowledge and ideas, to have the possibility to give feedback
and receive inputs from one another. The pandemic has emphasized the
sometimes very lonely sides of academia and we would like to counter that
through a co-thinking workshop.

When: June 16th afternoon and June 17th morning

How: Online (via Zoom)

Who: PhD students, PostDoc students, advanced MA students

What: You can either present a current paper that is a work-in progress, an
idea that you would like to put in concrete terms, a problem you are stuck
with or just join for discussions.

Please let me (deborah.kalte at zda.uzh.ch) know whether you are interested in
participating, and if so, how you would like to contribute until May 24th
by sending me a short description, title, or abstract. For those who would
like to present a paper, we kindly ask you to send it two weeks in advance
(June 2nd) so that everybody has enough time to read it.

If you know someone who might be interested, please pass this email along.

Best,
Johanna and Deborah

                  Deborah Kalte

                  University of Zurich
                  Centre for Democracy Studies Aarau (ZDA)
                  Villa Blumenhalde
                  Küttigerstrasse 21
                  5000 Aarau

                  Tel: 062 836 94 46