Academic workshops and public events in 2012-13
supported by a UZH Graduate Campus Grant
Public Events (in german)
- Opening talk: “How much participation does democracy require?” Speaker: Prof. Dr. Hanspeter Kriesi. October 26, 2012, University of Zurich (UZH).
- Science and politics enter into dialogue: “Selecting and naturalizing citizens – Who has the right to decide?” Guests: Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Conradi, Prof. Dr. Gianni D’Amato, Pascale Steiner. Moderation: Dr. Anna Goppel. May 30, 2013, UZH.
- Panel discussion: “The Role of International Actors for Democratic Citizenship.” Experts: Prof. Dr. Sandra Lavenex, Dr. Julian Culp, Dr. Rudolf Batliner, and Corinne Huser. October 10, 2013, UZH.
Academic Workshops (working language: English)
- discussing current research & dissertations in the thematic area of Democracy & Citizenship
- scientific panels related to each of the public events
- international network of interdisciplinary participants
- planning joint publications
- planning further project activities
Two academic workshops were organized as part of this events series:
- “The role of participation for citizenship and democracy in Europe,” October 2012.
- “Citizenship, access to citizenship, and its relation to and implications for political participation,” May-June 2013.
More information about our academic workshops here.